The king of all buildings in New York is the Empire State. Although the One World Trade Center claims the title of the tallest skyscraper in the city, the Empire State remains the most iconic building in the United States and one of the most popular in the world.
No visit to this landmark is complete without a trip to the 86th and 102nd observatories. But this attraction has a lot more to offer than impressive 360-degree views of the city. For starters, the building’s art-deco architecture is a sight in itself. With the growing importance of sustainability, the Empire State has joined the eco-friendly movement – check out the Sustainability Exhibit on the 2nd Floor to learn more. Head to the 80th Floor to see the Dare to Dream exhibit, a journey through the building’s history and construction.
The queues and security checkpoints are long, so allow at least two hours to see everything without rushing. If you spend more time there, you won’t go hungry. The Empire State has many coffee shops and restaurants where visitors can sit and have a meal or just grab a quick bite.
Location and Opening Hours
350 5th Ave, between 34th St and 33rd St.
The Empire State Building is open every day from 8am to 2am. Try visiting first thing in the morning or after 10pm to avoid crowds.
From the Manhattan at Time Square, take a 25-minute walk down Broadway. An added bonus is that you’ll walk through Times Square and past Macy’s Herald Square. If you would rather take the subway, hop on the N, R, W (yellow) lines at 49th St and exit at 34th St/Herald Square.
- Main Deck. The most basic ticket includes admission to the 86th Floor observatory only. VIP Express pass available.
- Top and Main Deck. This is the most complete ticket as it includes admission to the 86th and 102nd Floors. VIP Express pass available.
- Sunrise at ESB. See the start of a new day in New York from the 86th Floor. Only 100 tickets per day are available.
- AM/PM Experience. Visit the 86th Floor during day and night on the same day to see the remarkable effects that sunlight and city lights have on the view.
- Premium Experience – 86th and 102nd Floors. If you are seeking to splurge on your visit, purchase this ticket to visit both observatories with a 90-minute guided tour, VIP Express pass and a souvenir photograph are included.
Guests of the Manhattan can choose up to three rewards with their booking – we include the best sights and experiences – and the Empire State Building is one them. Book your stay with us and get the best deals in town. Check out other attractions to choose your remaining rewards.